What this policy covers
Your privacy is important to us, and so is being transparent about how we collect, use, and share information about you. This policy is intended to help you understand:
This policy also explains your choices about how we use information about you.
Your choices include how you can object to certain uses of information about you and how you can access and update certain information about you.
If you do not agree with this policy, do not access or use our Services or interact with any other aspect of our business.
When we refer to "UETOPIA," "we," or "us" in this policy, we mean UETOPIA, LLC., which controls the information UETOPIA collects when you use the Services.
UETOPIA offers multiplayer game features, which allow you to find, and play games.
We also own and operate a number of websites and offer related services, like support. We refer to all of these products, together with our other services and websites as "Services" in this policy.
What information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our Services, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below.
Information you provide to us
We collect information about you when you input it into the Services or otherwise provide it directly to us.
- Account and Profile Information: We collect information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile, set preferences, sign-up for or make purchases through the Services.
For example, you provide your contact information when you register for the Services.
You also have the option of adding a bio, and other details to your profile information to be displayed in our Services.
We keep track of your preferences when you select settings within the Services.
- Content you provide through our products: The Services include the website, and any UETOPIA game.
Examples of content we collect and store include: scores, ranks, winnings, abilities, inventory, equipment, and game events.
- Content you provide through our websites: The Services also include our websites owned or operated by us.
We collect other content that you submit to these websites, which include social media or social networking websites operated by us.
For example, you provide content to us when you provide feedback or when you participate in any interactive features, surveys, contests, promotions, sweepstakes, activities or events.
- Information you provide through our support channels: The Services also include customer support, where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with a Service.
Whether you designate yourself as a technical contact, open a support ticket, speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team,
you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue.
Information we collect automatically when you use the Services
We collect information about you when you use our Services, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within the Services.
- Your use of the Services: We keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with any of our Services.
This information includes the features you use; the games, groups, teams and other links you click on; the games, servers, and game data you create using the Services;
and how you interact with others on the Services.
We also collect information about the teams and people you play with and how you interact with them, like who you group with and communicate with most frequently.
- Device and Connection Information:
We collect information through your device about your operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages, device identifiers, and crash data.
We use your IP address and/or country preference in order to approximate your location to provide you with a better Service experience.
How much of this information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services.
Information we receive from other sources
We receive information about you from third party services
- Other partners: We receive information about you and your activities on and off the Services from third-party partners,
such as advertising and market research partners who provide us with information about your interest in, and engagement with, our Services and online advertisements.
How we use information we collect
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you.
- To provide the Services and personalize your experience: We use information about you to provide the Services to you, including to process transactions with you, authenticate you when you log in,
provide customer support, and operate and maintain the Services.
For example, we use the name and picture you provide in your account to identify you to other Service users.
- For research and development: We are always looking for ways to make our Services smarter, faster, secure, integrated and useful to you.
We use collective learnings about how people use our Services and feedback provided directly to us to troubleshoot and to identify trends, usage,
activity patterns and areas for integration and improvement of the Services.
For example, we used information collected about how users engaged with new games to design a better, more user-friendly game on-borading experience.
In some cases, we apply these learnings to improve and develop similar features or to better integrate the services you use.
We also test and analyze certain new features with some users before rolling the feature out to all users.
- To communicate with you about the Services: We use your contact information to send transactional communications via email and within the Services,
including confirming your purchases, reminding you of subscription expirations, responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support,
and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages.
- To market, promote, and drive engagement with the Services: We use your contact information and information about how you use the Services to send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you,
including by email and by displaying UETOPIA ads on other companies' websites and applications, as well as on platforms like Facebook and Google.
These communications are aimed at driving engagement and maximizing what you get out of the Services, including information about new features, survey requests, newsletters, and events we think may be of interest to you.
We also communicate with you about new product offers, promotions and contests. You can control whether you receive these communications as described below under "Opt-out of communications."
- Customer support: We use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, to analyze crash information, and to repair and improve the Services.
- For safety and security: We use information about you and your Service use to verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of Service policies.
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights:
Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others,
we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
- With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above.
For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories to promote the Services, with your permission.
- Legal bases for processing (for EEA users):
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws.
The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place.
Where we are using your information because we have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
How we share information we collect
We make multiplayer game development tools, and we want them to work well for you.
This means sharing information through the Services and with certain third parties.
We share information we collect about you in the ways discussed below,
but we are not in the business of selling information about you to advertisers or other third parties.
Sharing with other Service users
When you use the Services, we share certain information about you with other Service users.
- For game play:
Some of the game features of the Services display some or all of your profile information to other Service users when you share or interact with specific content.
For example, when you join a game, we display your profile picture and name in the recent players list so that other users with access to the game can see new activity.
Similarly, when you join a team, your name, profile picture and contact information and will be displayed in a list for other team members so they can find and interact with you.
Please be aware that some games can be made publicly available, meaning any content posted on that game, including information about you, can be publicly viewed and indexed by and returned in
search results of search engines.
- Public Games: You should be aware that any information you provide in UETOPIA games, or on the website - including profile information associated with the account you use to post the information
- may be read, collected,
and used by any member of the public who accesses websites. Your posts and certain profile information may remain even after you terminate your account.
We urge you to consider the sensitivity of any information you input into these Services.
To request removal of your information from publicly accessible websites operated by us, please contact us as provided below.
In some cases, we may not be able to remove your information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to and why.
Sharing with third parties
We share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support and market our Services.
- Service Providers: We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing,
analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you.
If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us,
including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
- Game Developers: Developers and game studios use our Service in order to provide multiplayer features for their players.
We provide your player related information to developers for use in-game. For example: handle, score, rank, inventory, equipment, abilities, group membership, and player relationships.
- Links to Third-Party Sites: The Services may include links that direct you to other websites or services whose privacy practices may differ from ours.
Your use of and any information you submit to any of those third-party sites is governed by their privacy policies, not this one.
- Third-Party Widgets: Some of our Services contain widgets and social media features, such as the Twitter "tweet" button.
These widgets and features collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on the Services, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly.
Widgets and social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Services.
- With your consent: We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so.
For example, we often display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our public websites. With your consent, we may post your name alongside the testimonial.
- Compliance with Enforcement Requests and Applicable Laws; Enforcement of Our Rights:
In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation,
legal process or governmental request,
including to meet national security requirements, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services,
(d) protect UETOPIA, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities,
or (e) respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
How we store and secure information we collect
Information storage and security
We use data hosting service providers in the United States to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data.
While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet,
we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
How long we keep information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or,
if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
- Account information: We retain your account information until you delete your account. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes,
to enforce our agreements, to support business operations and to continue to develop and improve our Services. Where we retain information for Service improvement and development,
we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Services, not to specifically analyze personal characteristics about you.
- Information you share on the Services: If your account is deactivated or disabled, some of your information and the content you have provided will remain in order to allow
other users to make full use of the Services.
For example, we continue to display comments and content you provided to games.
- Marketing information: If you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences unless you specifically ask us to delete such information.
We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
How to access and control your information
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them and any limitations. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format.
Below, we describe the tools and processes for making these requests.
You can exercise some of the choices by logging into the Services and using settings available within the Services or your account. Where the Services are administered for you by an administrator (see "Notice to End Users" below),
you may need to contact your administrator to assist with your requests first. For all other requests, you may contact us as provided in the Contact Us section below to request assistance.
Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases: for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we or your administrator are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep.
Where you have asked us to share data with third parties, for example, by playing a game, you will need to contact those third-party service providers directly to have your information deleted or otherwise restricted.
If you have unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed.
- Access and update your information: Our Services give you the ability to access and update certain information about you from within the Service.
For example, you can access your profile information from your account.
You can update your profile information within your profile settings and modify content that contains information about you using the editing tools associated with that content.
- Deactivate membership to a group, team or game: You or an administrator can deactivate your access to a group, team or game.
If you can deactivate your own access, that setting is available to you in your account settings. Otherwise, please contact your administrator.
If you are an administrator and are unable to deactivate an account through your administrator settings, please contact UETOPIA support.12
Please be aware that deactivating access to a group, team or game does not delete your information from that group, team or game; your information remains visible to other Service users
based on your past participation within the Services.
For more information on how to delete your information, see below.
- Delete your information: Our Services give you the ability to delete certain information
about you from within the Service.
For example, you can remove content that contains information about you from a game or game server.
Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations.
- Request that we stop using your information: In some cases, you may ask us to stop accessing, storing, using and otherwise processing your information where you believe we don't have the appropriate rights to do so.
For example, if you believe a Services account was created for you without your permission or you are no longer an active user, you can request that we delete your account as provided in this policy.
Where you gave us consent to use your information for a limited purpose, you can contact us to withdraw that consent, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place at the time.
You can also opt-out of our use of your information for marketing purposes by contacting us, as provided below.
When you make such requests, we may need time to investigate and facilitate your request.
If there is a delay or dispute as to whether we have the right to continue using your information, we will restrict any further use of your information until the request is honored or the dispute is resolved, provided your administrator does not object (where applicable).
If you object to information about you being shared with a third-party game, please disable the game or contact your administrator to do so.
- Opt out of communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email,
updating your email preferences within your Service account settings menu,
or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database.
Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding our Services.
You can opt out of some notification messages in your account settings.
- Turn off Cookie Controls: Relevant browser-based cookie controls are described in our Cookies & Tracking Notice.14
- Send "Do Not Track" Signals: Some browsers have incorporated "Do Not Track" (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked.
Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our Services do not currently respond to browser DNT signals.
You can use the range of other tools we provide to control data collection and use, including the ability to opt out of receiving marketing from us as described above.
- Data portability: Data portability is the ability to obtain some of your information in a format you can move from one service provider to another (for instance, when you transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier).
Depending on the context, this applies to some of your information, but not to all of your information. Should you request it,
we will provide you with an electronic file of your basic account information and the information you create on the spaces under your sole control, like your own games.
How we transfer information we collect internationally
International transfers of information we collect
We collect information globally and primarily store that information in the United States. We transfer, process and store your information outside of your country of residence, to wherever we,
UETOPIA or our third-party service providers operate for the purpose of providing you the Services.
Whenever we transfer your information, we take steps to protect it.
- International transfers within UETOPIA: To facilitate our global operations, we transfer information to the United States and allow access to that information from countries in which
we have operations for the purposes described in this policy.
These countries may not have equivalent privacy and data protection laws to the laws of many of the countries where our customers and users are based.
When we share information about you within and among UETOPIA, we make use of standard contractual data protection clauses, which have been approved by the European Commission, and we rely on the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S.
Privacy Shield Framework to safeguard the transfer of information we collect from the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
Please see our Privacy Shield notice below for more information or contact us as provided below.
are based in other countries that may not have equivalent privacy and data protection laws to the country in which you reside.
When we share information of customers in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, we make use of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks, European Commission-approved standard contractual data protection clauses,
binding corporate rules for transfers to data processors, or other appropriate legal mechanisms to safeguard the transfer. Please see our Privacy Shield Notice below.
Other important privacy information
Notice to End Users
Our products are intended for both personal use and use by organizations. Where the Services are made available to you through an organization (e.g.a game developer),
that organization is the administrator of the Services and is responsible for the end-users and/or Service sites over which it has control.
If this is the case, please direct your data privacy questions to your administrator, as your use of the Services is subject to that organization's policies.
We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of an administrator's organization, which may be different than this policy.
Our policy towards children
The Services are not directed to individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16.
If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact our support services.18
we will provide a more prominent notice by adding a notice on the Services homepages, login screens, or by sending you an email notification.
Your information is controlled by UETOPIA, LLC. If you have questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please direct your inquiry to UETOPIA LLC., as set forth below
Revision Date: April 29, 2018